06 / 09 / 2019 / 16:00 Vytautas park, Birštonas, Lithuania
How does the neighbourhood of Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Belarus, Russia and other countries around the Baltic Sea look today? How far have we gone in 15 years having the opportunity to use the EU funding for joint cross-border initiatives? Are we using this funding efficiently to create sustainable and long-term relations between people, societies, organisations, businesses? Or have we created new borders of various kinds? How can we escape them so that they don't affect relations between neighbours?
Prominent Lithuanians, living in neighbouring countries as well as notable figures of cross-border relations will be searching for answers to these questions during the discussion festival 'Būtent!' ('Makes Sense!').
- Romualdas Ražukas – Latvian public and political figure, second chairman of Latvian National Front – national independence movement, twice Member of Saeima (Latvian Parliament), Deputy Speaker of Saeima (2001-2002), several times municipal council member of Riga and Jurmala, former head of Latvian delegation to the Baltic Assembly and three times chair of the Baltic Assembly.
- Vytautas Liškauskas – six times elected Mayor of Punsk Commune (Poland), having gathered 95.9 % of votes in recent elections.
- Jovita Tirvienė– Director of Administration of Birštonas Municipality.
- Aleksas Bartnikas – chairman of Kaliningrad District Association of Lithuanian Teachers, initiator of Lithuanian language competitions, Children songs festival, literature afternoons, children summer workshops and multiple other cultural enterprises.
- Maksimas Milta – head of Communication and Development at the European Humanities University (Belarusian university in exile in Lithuania), expert on contemporary Belarusian politics.
Moderator - Mr. Arnoldas Pranckevičius, head of European Commission representation in Lithuania.
The discussion will take place on the 7th of September at 4 p.m.
During both days we're also inviting everyone to visit the informative tent of European Cooperation Programmes, where lots of activities are foreseen for you!
The event is organised in the frame of the European Cooperation Day.